See how to mix and match 3 tops, 3 layers, 3 bottoms and 3 pairs of shoes for a total of 81 outfits. This mini capsule is a way to learn how to use a capsule wardrobe. You can use this mini capsule wardrobe as a minimalist wardrobe, if you travel in an RV or if you are traveling on vacation using your suitcase.
Do you use a capsule wardrobe? If you do, don’t you just love how many outfits you can create from just a few pieces? I have been using a capsule wardrobe in my closet since 2015 and since then it has changed the way I think about clothes.
Before I started using a capsule wardrobe, I my closet used to be packed full of clothes with lots of different patterns and colors. I had so many clothes in my closet that I didn’t know what I had and it was so difficult getting dressed everyday.
Now, by using a capsule wardrobe, my closet naturally stays neat and tidy. I love getting dressed everyday now and I always know what to wear!
In this blog post, I created a mini capsule wardrobe using pieces from
Simplified Style® is a complete wardrobe that you can use year-round as a stand-alone wardrobe or you can add pieces in your favorite colors and patterns to expand the wardrobe! There is a visual capsule wardrobe guide with regular-size shopping links, wardrobe plans for each season of the year, outfit calendars for all seasons, plus over 400+ outfits. Thousands of women use this capsule wardrobe collection!
Get Your Copy Today!
This mini capsule wardrobe includes 3 tops, 3 layers, 3 bottoms and 3 pairs of shoes from All the pieces have neutral colors, so they coordinate well with each other! These 12 pieces will create 81 outfits!
Who Can Use This Mini Capsule Wardrobe
This mini capsule is for anyone of any age! It is especially great to use if you are just starting to use a capsule wardrobe. With just a few pieces, it is easy to see how to put outfits together. This capsule would also be a great minimalist wardrobe for your closet! If you are a minimalism enthusiast, you can put this capsule wardrobe in your closet, on a clothes rack, or fold the pieces and store them in your dresser. Those who travel in an RV will love this capsule too! You will have lots of oufits using just a few pieces and all the pieces can easily store away in your RV closet. You can also use this mini capsule wardrobe as a travel wardrobe for your suitcase. When traveling, I recommend wearing one of the outfits with a layering piece, then place the other pieces in your suitcase.
How To Make The Capsule Work For You
You can customize this capsule so that it works for you! Some like to wear a black leather jacket, while some prefer a brown leather jacket. Or, if you would rather use a black cardigan or a black blazer, feel free to substitute any of those pieces. Remember to use pieces with neutral colors, like black, navy, gray, beige, camel, ivory, cream, etc. You can also use navy instead of black: just substitute the black leather jacket with a brown or tan leather jacket, the black tee with a navy tee, the black pants with navy pants and the black flats with either navy flats or beige flats. Feel free to get creative with this mini capsule!
Read below to see how to mix and match the pieces shown…
The Mini Capsule Wardrobe
1. Black Leather Jacket – This style of jacket has been around for years and is a timeless piece. A brown leather jacket will also work in this capsule if you would rather not use black. You can also use either real leather or faux leather.
2. Trench Coat – This is a classic and timeless piece that will always be in style. Trench coats come in different lengths and you can choose the length you prefer. The preferred color is a beige or khaki color, but you can also use a black or a cream color.
4. White Tee – A white tee is one of the most classic pieces in your wardrobe. I have this “365 Stretch Tee” in white and black and they are my most favorite tees.
5. Striped Tee – You can use the 3/4 length sleeve tee shown or short sleeve. Even though the color is “ivory navy”, the stripes are an indigo color, so it will coordinate with either black or navy!
6. Black Tee – A black tee is also a classic piece in your wardrobe. I have this “365 Stretch Tee” in white and black and they are my most favorite tees. If you would rather use navy instead of black, the black tee linked also comes in navy as a color choice.
7. Medium Wash Jeans – Use your preferred style of jeans: skinny, straight, crop flare or bootcut. I have the linked pair of jeans and love them! Here are several pairs of budget-friendly straight style jeans.
8. Black Pants – This pair of pants are versatile and can be worn dressy or casual. If you would rather use navy pants, the pants linked also come in navy as a color choice.
9. Gray Jeans – You can use either jeans or pants if you prefer. Using gray gives you another color choice beside black.
10. Beige/Nude Sandal Heels – These shoes look great with jeans, pants, skirts and dresses. The block heel is versatile so you can wear them casual or dressy and the beige/nude color will go with virtually any outfit!
11. Black Flats – This classic and timeless piece will coordinate with all your outfits. I recently purchased the flats linked in the “soft beige” color and they are gorgeous and also are comfy!
12. White Casual Sneakers – This shoe is great to wear in a casual outfit and the design gives it an elevated look.
Shop The Mini Capsule Wardrobe
How To Create Your Outfits
Use the 12 Pieces = 81 Outfits collage shown above to create your outfits!
- First, Start on the first row and choose Your Layering Piece.
- Next, on the second row, choose your Top.
- On the third row, choose your Bottom.
- On the forth row, choose your Shoes.
Sample outfit #1 – black leather jacket, white tee, medium wash jeans and sandal heels.
Sample outfit #2 – trench coat, striped tee, gray jeans, sandal heels.
Sample outfit #3 – blazer, white tee, black pants, black flats.
See a few outfit combinations below…
If you need more outfit choices, you can get your copy of , a complete wardrobe that you can use year-round as a stand-alone wardrobe or you can add pieces in your favorite colors and patterns to expand the wardrobe! There is a visual capsule wardrobe guide with regular-size shopping links, wardrobe plans for each season of the year, outfit calendars for all seasons, plus over 400+ outfits.
A Bit Of Inspiration For Your Day:
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” – Mark 12:30-31